There are no Upcoming Events

Distribuir contenido

Guild structure suggestions and discussion

179 respuestas [Último envío]
Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
se unió: Mar 1 2008
Marten wrote:
Does anyone object if Andros speaks on behalf of the Services Chair position, as he is currently running our most labor-intensive project, the Newsletter?

No abjection from me,

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008
Marten wrote:
Does anyone object if Andros speaks on behalf of the Services Chair position, as he is currently running our most labor-intensive project, the Newsletter?

I don't mind if she speaks on behalf of the Services Chair position (don't know if I have a say about that, but nevertheless... :P )

grtz, blutec

Nanouk_Metal
Desconectado/a
se unió: Mar 1 2008

Btw, I beleive a small update to these previous posts might be in order (soon ?)... Guild Structure Suggestions and Discussion
Me thinking about Paradox (GoW) at minimum...

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a
Forum moderatorCavern CrierMessenger
se unió: Oct 30 2007

No objection for me either. I have one suggestion about the affilitates chair. We need to elect someone who is involved in more than one of the affiliate groups if possible. That would make communication between the groups and the GoMe easier. I feel there also needs to be more structure as to what the job is. Frankly, I have always been at a loss as to what I was supposed to be doing in that job since the affiliate groups run themselves and really needed no input from me.

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMessenger
se unió: Nov 8 2007
blutec wrote:
Marten wrote:

I don't mind if she speaks on behalf of the Services Chair position (don't know if I have a say about that, but nevertheless... :P )

Not to distract from the discussion, but if I say "Kalypso" then I say "she", and if I say "Andros" I will say "he". Andros' Profile

Viewing profile - Andros wrote:

Back on topic:

Nanouk_Metal wrote:
Btw, I beleive a small update to these previous post might be in order (soon ?)... Guild Structure Suggestions and Discussion 
Me thinking about Paradox (GoW) at minimum...

Those are good points, Nanouk. Should I try to update the old posts, or should one of us post new versions after we refine things (if we refine things)?

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
se unió: Oct 29 2007

:mrgreen: Sorry for the confusion regarding Kalypso/Andros. In prologue/MOUL my primary avatar was Andros(male) andKalypso was a character I created in August over a year ago to do the "Kalypso's survey". She got involved in the pre-guilds and I felt it was too late to contribute as Andros because Kalypso became more well known in the community. I'm very fine with being called Kalypso and her gender, after all I was her during a year. So whatever you call me will be fine. Sorry again for the name change.

To go back on topic it makes sense considering that I was Shimmer's assistant to "replace her" in her Chair role for this meeting. So yeah, I'm fine with it.

Marten, ideally the changes should be to put the updated versions on the first post of the thread and me to stick it.

Quote:
I am sending a PM to each of the chairs to update this thread with thoughts on how the org chart describes the chair positions and whether each thinks a reorganization is worthwhile, or if we should elect the same positions moving forward.

The Service Chair position is well defined.

Kalypso: #85553

Veralun
Imagen de Veralun
Desconectado/a
se unió: Dic 2 2007

Is this virtual world not nice!
We can be what we like to be.
I must confess I also had some for some reasons avi's in MOUL as female, however I am a male.
Veralun sounds for many ppl as female but it is a male. Those who met me in RL can confirm this. :)

Back on topic: I have no objections to consider a reorganization.
Imo ppl must have the feeling that they sit on the right place in their job.
If an affilitates chair is not needed at this moment, than I like to see the Guild considers this again when MORE is there.

.......................CCN.........................

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger
Veralun wrote:
If an affilitates chair is not needed at this moment, than I like to see the Guild considers this again when MORE is there.

I still feel the need for it. I just think that we need to take it into a different direction to actually achieve something with it. If you apply for this job Veralun I'm gonna vote for you. ;)

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a

on topic.... Andros and Kalypso are one and the same?? :shock: Wait, I think I already knew this....at some point....hmm

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a
WebmasterLiaisonTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Jun 19 2008
blutec wrote:
ok, now I want cake recipes in the newspaper! (and images of those ofcourse!)

Go Ask the GoCaterers :lol:

Back on topic: I think the current structure is good. The Affiliates Chair is needed althought it could be better defined, since Lynnutte sais she doesn't know exactly what to do. I could see the Affiliates Chair as a "special Liaison" for improve the communication with affiliates

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Regarding the GoCat, they are currently writing their Food column for the Newspaper. I can suggest them the cake for their first column if that is what you want. However I doubt that they can do it in time to be featured this month.

Al'Kaera
Imagen de Al'Kaera
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jul 6 2008
Andros wrote:
.... However I doubt that they can do it in time to be featured this month.

And you say that with a straight face and without asking them first, including that they know the new Newspaper article deadline. What IS that stuff floating around in your crystal ball? :twisted:
AlKaera

again KI 102324  ancient KI 5969479

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

We'll keep the current guild structure for the next 6 months.

Information about the nomination process for our next guild council will be made available tomorrow!

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Al, from what soniclight told me, it is likely that it will take some time to write it.

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Based on what Theremin said in this thread, it could be a good thing to revisit how the leadership and protocols for how the GoMe works.

I have no personal preference either way (status quo or some changes) but since MOUL is getting an update, it could be nice to also update the GoMe or confirm that the organization is still what we want.

On this note, I'm leaving you the floor....

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

Shorah everyone, here we are back discussing about the Guild Structure and Election Process.

Here is my first thought about them, as we discussed it during the Guild Meeting

After thinking a bit I got to the conclusion that what I proposed during the meeting isn't exactly doable. Is proposed to make a council out of the Project Leaders, but counting the Projects in the Guild I only see "Newspaper" and possibly "Cavern Criers". The Guild is not made just by that, so it doesn't work.

My intent was/is to make a "formal representation" of how the Guild already works, but just now I realized that probably the current structure is the right one. Perhaps we don't need a Council, just a group of Masters (2) with general jobs to coordinate the Guild and one GM to be the face of the Guild (with the meaning we discussed during the Meeting).

Because at the end all the decisions are always taken by discussing with all the Messengers and everyone has his own job to do in the Guild. So a Council is not needed to cover these things. We just need a couple of key figures to whom the Messengers can ask a word of advice and report to; they would be "the ones that have an idea of what all the parts of the Guild are doing", while the other Messengers might not.
For the rest of the Community they would be the face of the Guild, but this doesn't mean that each single Messenger can't speak for the Guild.

Thoughts?

Sirlazurus
Imagen de Sirlazurus
Desconectado/a
se unió: Feb 16 2010

I agree with Leonardo say and his text.

The Exelency of Desteny is Uru  and Discovery.

MY KI :   959586

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

It sounds good

kaeebonrai
Imagen de kaeebonrai
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 20 2008

Works for me, too. =)

blutec
Imagen de blutec
Desconectado/a
se unió: Ene 15 2008

Suits me :D

grtz, blutec

Andros
Imagen de Andros
Desconectado/a
Messenger

Sounds smart.

Lynnutte
Desconectado/a

My view of the job of GM was always as the face of the guild and advisor. Not leader or director. I always viewed the GM as the person to point out to the community who deserves all the credit for whatever gets done right, and the person to take the blame when things went wrong. (I hope that made sense.)

Marten
Imagen de Marten
Desconectado/a

Which one of you is Public Relations (the face of the guild), and which one is Co-ordinator? :)

LostThyme
Imagen de LostThyme
Desconectado/a
se unió: Jun 16 2010

It sounds like a good idea to me. :)

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

Marten wrote:

Which one of you is Public Relations (the face of the guild), and which one is Co-ordinator? :)

Currently Leo is very much filling both of these roles, as RL has become extremely busy for me as of late.

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

As we discussed yesterday here is the proposal for the little change in the Document of our structure:

There are mainly two points:

The first one has been inspired by the current problems within the GoG, but this is not really a change. it's just a clarification of something that already exists:

currently all the power is in the hand of the whole Guild, the Council Members don't have it, they exist only for repreentation and coordination. So, the Guild Members also have the power to call for elections, if there is a good amount of Messengers that support the idea. This is another way to control that the Council Members are accepted by the majority of the Messengers and that their work is not going in the opposite direction of the one wanted by the Messengers.
The only problem is defining "a good amount of Messengers", which majority should we consider? All the Messengers? All the active messengers in the last X months? Only the ones who explicitly say something about the matter (yes, no, abstainer).

This should be just a line in the Document:

The Messengers can call for Guild Council elections at any time, if <put here the majority condition>

The second one is about the Term. We didn't decide any term for the Council Members. During the meeting most of us agreed that there is no need for a term for the Guild Council (except for Theremin, who was seeing problems with this), since the Messengers can call elections at any time. The one thing that was agreed is that the Council Members should bring up the elections subject periodically (6 months) in the Guild Meetings, so it's like a periodical confirmation of the Council without the need to organize all the mess of elections, until they are necessary.

The Council Members bring up periodically, every 6 months a least, the subject of elections during the Guild Meetings.

Ideas?

Leonardo
Imagen de Leonardo
Desconectado/a

I take the silence as a sign of consensus.

There is only the matter about the conditions on which the elections can be called. Personally I would use a simple poll to decide that, so I mean considering only the Messengers that actually partecipate in the "Elections Yes or No" discussion or poll, with the condition that if someone wants to let the others know that he is there but doesn't have any idea he should say that he abstains from the vote.

The Messengers can call for Guild Council elections at any time. The final decision is made with a discussion on the forums or a poll (in the "Yes", "no", "I'm an abstainer" form), and elections will be organized if the poll/discussion reaches the absolute majority (50%+1) among the voters.

Lunanne
Imagen de Lunanne
Desconectado/a
Rel.to MaintainerMagazine moderatorMagazine teamTranslatorMessenger
se unió: Ene 17 2010

sounds good to me

Theremin
Imagen de Theremin
Desconectado/a
Magazine moderatorMagazine teamMessenger
se unió: Ago 18 2008

Leonardo wrote:

I take the silence as a sign of consensus.

LOL- Don't youe mean "...AND the people who were silenced."? :P